ABC's of ME Art Journal 2009 'B'

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
This is going to be an amazing journey, I can tell already!! Your overwhelming response to my first prompt has left me speechless. I just want to say THANK YOU. I'm honored that you want to "learn" from something that I have a hand in.
Please be sure to visit the blogs of those who link in the comments!! Part of what I enjoyed about Emily's prompts in 2007, was the community that we who were following along with her created. It felt like friends. In fact, I still hold some of those girls close to my heart. Two years later.
I would also like to mention that Emily is hosting another mini art journal prompt weekly this year!! I have joined her, on top of hosting this group. I am looking forward to focusing on my art this year.
ETA: part of this prompt has been removed because later in my journaling journey, I discovered that the artist I originally thought TRULY encouraged new and budding artistic expression really only did this when it was in her best interest and it suited her. I have decided to leave her unnamed, and unlinked because I choose not to support her anymore in anyway.
If you would like more precise instruction or direction, please email me.
BECAUSE

Techniques If you're interested: I used masking tape as my base before gessoing over the top of it. My pastels weren't water soluable... and I'm hoping to change that inventory soon. I layers some paints over the top of the pastels, and then worked some more white into the area I wrote on before I started writing. It took me a while to get ink to stay on top of the pastels I used. Sharpie Poster Paint Pens and regular writing pens are what ended up doing it for me! Play around with this one. Work it until it comes together.
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. oh this looks like it is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous prompt! Hope to work on this later today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, love suzi, love those water soluble pastels (you can get them at staples in the teacher's section!), love the idea of getting those excuses out there and rid of. thanks rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh because... will think on this a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have added my (because) pages to Flicker...will put a link in when Tally is back up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific prompt! Love how suzi did her pages! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://gumby85luv2scrap.blogspot.com/

    here is my card for b----this was a great challenge for me. I forgot to use the masking tape ugh. just noticed. thanks again for this I so need to reflect on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the technique! Can't wait to try it. It's okay if I do two cards for B isn't it, because I am really loving the word Balance right now as well! I actually already have one done for that. I could upload both of them into the gallery if that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Can't wait to get started on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card had me challenged to start with but nearly finished just waiting for the paint to dry

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am starting late , but wow! your personality is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am already in love with this journal.....can't wait for "C"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mine is posted on my blog at:
    http://jessiscorner.blogspot.com/2009/01/weekly-art-journals.html
    I will also upload to flickr tonight or in the morn. TFL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm done with B, I posted a pic in the flickr group and on my blog at:

    http://www.heididilley.blogspot.com

    GREAT prompt, I am loving my ABC's so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet scrappy sigh. HOW fabulous. I really enjoyed the creative process on this one. You can see it HERE. Thanks Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel, i loved this.. Thanks for the Because, i can't wait for "C" :)


    here's mine.
    http://taffyscrappen.blogspot.com/2009/01/art-journal-because.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the prompt and really loved that video!!!! Posted mine on my blog:

    http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool video. And thanks for the inspiration. This will be my first art journal

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing that video!

    http://flickr.com/photos/1lara1/3298363002/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm back, really behind, but here is my B! yes, another scrapbook page, but that is what i do best....i just love these prompts though!
    http://scrappintrackside.blogspot.com/2009/06/b-is-for-because.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts