ABC's of ME Art Journal 2009 'G'

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
HELLO!! It was brought to my attention that my math is off. :) Somewhere in all this, I mentioned that we would end up with 26 cards. In another breath, I have it written here, that prompts are the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month. Well, mathematically, that won't work. For it to work, I'd have to do prompts every other week. The way that we're doing it, the 1st and 3rd Mondays, we'll end up with 24 cards. Just thought I'd acknowledge that I can't do math. :)
ETA: I will look over the calendar, and work on making it so that we'll still be able to have our 26 letter alphabet. I'm thinking there will be two prompts where I'll give a "double" prompt so we can fit them all in.

This week's letter is G.
GROW

Techniques If you're interested: I thought I'd share a little technique tutorial with you this time! Here is how I made my card. I used a textured paper made for acrylic paints that I bought at WalMart. Here's what it looks like. You can use any texture that you'd like. I also use the inexpensive craft paints from WalMart. I like the FOLK ART brand.

Sand your card before you adhere your texture to it.

Now, add water to regular acrylic paints.

Brush it over your surface, and use water to thin it and play with allowing your texture to show through. Next, take a second color, and water it down too, and then dribble it from the top of your card by laying your brush across the top and dragging it back. (like you're wiping off the excess on the side of a cup)

Next, use regular strength paint and dab stamps into the paint.

once you've covered your stamp, dab some off so that there isn't too much paint on the stamp. Press your stamp down firmly to create a negative space where your stamp is.

HAVE FUN!!
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I am loving these prompts! Grow is such a great word - thanks I can't wait to create something with it! I have a question tho - if we are doing the ABCs and there are 26 letters, will we just keep going into next year? or maybe throw a few extra prompts in so we can finish the alphabet this year?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i suck at math too - didn't even realize we'd be at 24 cards, lol.

    anyway, a couple of double-prompts would be fine with me. :) LOVE the technique you shared, great stuff as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the prompt AND the technique!

    Double prompts work for me as long as we still have 2 weekish to get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word.. hope I can catch up on these since my journal got destroyed in my flood... but this word is Awesome.. i might have to work my way backwards...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this one Ho! Can't wait to play when i get home this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are wonderful. I really have to get onto this!

    I have 3 now to catch up on.... Right... long weekend this weekend. Lets see if I can do something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and technique! I'm starting on my journal page right now, what a great word!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rachel.Im late joining in, so I'm try to catch up tonight, well start just got a new journal. Can't wait to play!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, looovveed this word as always. Here is mine:

    http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was one of the most therapeutic yet!

    http://groovcat.livejournal.com/419801.html

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3428960408_ac39e4711a_o.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's my grow -- it's a lil different, but thanks for your tips! I love'm

    http://taffyscrappen.blogspot.com/2009/05/g-prompt-grow.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I messed up the first time. Here's the right one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=170322&user_id=5115

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts