2010 Guest Host MICHELLE

Michelle took part in last year's art journal prompts here, and I loved her work every time she shared!! I was so happy when she accepted my request to join in as a host!! Here's her introduction, so that you all can get to know her a little better!

1. YOUR NAME
Michelle LaPoint Rydell

2. WHERE YOU ARE FROM
Minneapolis, Minnesota

3. TWO PLACES YOU GET JOURNALING INSPIRATION FROM:
Suziblu has been a huge influence for me. Her videos are what introduced me to the idea of art journaling, and inspired me to try it myself! I’ve also taken classes from Dina Wakely and Kelly Kilmer, which were each SUPER inspiring in different ways. And I must say that participating in this group last year was an amazing experience!!! Oops - that’s more than two - sorry!

4. WHAT YOU FIND TOUGHEST TO JOURNAL ABOUT
The hard or sad stuff. But I do think it’s helpful, so I am working on it and getting better!

5. WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT (journal/techniques, etc.)
I am really excited to learn how different people express themselves through the art journaling process. There isn’t a specific technique I want to know, but I find that I learn so much not just about art, but also about LIFE from other artists! I am really excited to be going on this journey!

6. ARE YOU PUBLISHED? HAVE OTHER BRAGS?
I really enjoy being on the design team for two awesome challenge blogs Scrapping The Music and These are a Few of My Favorite Things. I also formerly designed for the Shop Crop Suey kit club. I’ve never submitted anything for publication, but plan to try it sometime in the future.

7. YOUR WEB SITE OR BLOG
My blog is called Inspiration Everywhere. I’d love it if you come visit me! The address is: http://inspirationeverywhere.blogspot.com/

8. A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF
I have a wonderful husband named Michael, three awesome stepkids and two adorable and funny felines. By day I work for the government as a public guardian, and at nite I spend most of my time hanging out with my cats in my scraproom, making stuff!

9. THREE UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
The raven is my animal totem and I have a big one tattoed on my leg.
I’m vegan.
I’m a TOTAL nite owl!

10. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GET FROM A YEAR IN THE LIFE
I am hoping to connect with other artists, do some experimenting and just have fun!

11. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GIVE TO A YEAR IN THE LIFE
I hope to inspire others to express themselves without worrying if they are doing it “right.” To just have fun and know that however it turns out is how it was meant to be and that is BEAUTIFUL!

12. ONE THING YOU WISH YOU HAD LISTENED TO THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU STARTED IN JOURNALING SOONER.
The idea that an art journal can be whatever you want it to be. I thought I had to follow some elusive formula and that kept me from starting for a long time

HERE'S WHAT MICHELLE IS USING FOR HER JOURNAL:
I'm going to be using a Donna Downey Canvas Album. I've had it for awhile, just waiting for the perfect reason to use it. I think this is it! It' came with canvas pages and sheet protectors, and I've added a few chipboard pages. I will have numerous options depending on what technique we are doing for each prompt!

The pages are 8" x 10"
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Awesome! Yay Michelle! Your work is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! so glad to see your work on here michelle! :) can't wait to see what inspiration you have for everyone! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!! I'm so inspired by you Michelle. Love every single thing you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Michelle! Your work is always amazing & I, personally, think you might have the coolest art journal ever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so looking forward to seeing what you, and the others, create - it will be a super year of inspiration and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Michelle..so excited you are a host too this year!Loving your journals and your art!Especially your journaling is always amazing..so looking forward to join you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Michelle your work is always so inspiring and creative. I need to get back into doing an art journal. Can't wait to see all your ideas come together in your journal!!
    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you, Michelle. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!! my girl michelle!!!! soooooooooooo awesome!!!! congrats!!!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reading your bio ... but ummmmmmmmmmm i all ready knew about the raven!!! LOL!!! love ya girl!!! i know U will rock your GDT spot! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Michelle!!
    Your work is amazing and so inspiring!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle--I think you know just how much I love your work, but I'm here to shout it out for you! You have such a fabulous style! Congrats on being chosen as guest artist this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah Michelle! ... awesome inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Michelle!!! Congrats!!! Love this blog, never been here before, but I'll be back!!!
    Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved getting to know you a bit better with your Q & A!!! So happy to see you here.. You are so amazing in your scrapping, can't wait to see more of your art journal! Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay Michell! Congrats on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle! How wonderful and exciting to be a blog celebrity. :)
    I have really enjoyed seeing your art journal pages in the SC gallery and I can't wait to see what you do in 2010.
    :), Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a huge fan!!!!!!!!! I have loved seeing your work posted over at SC! I am so excited to see what you come up with next! CONGRARS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Michelle is awesome! I can't wait to see her art journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Michelle! You do such beautiful and original art. I love Suzi Blu, too. She is very inspiring - just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, Michelle! Cant wait to see what you do with the canvas album :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Michelle. Your work is such an inspiration! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats Michelle!! :) you do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aaah, my favourite blogfriend!!!! Awesome, that you are hosting here! It's gonna be an adventurous and fun year filled with inspiration! YEAH! Can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Michelle! It's so great to see you being featured on this cool blog, congrats! You know you have a big fan here, right? I really love your work, being it scrapbook or art journaling, you really inspire me! It's great to know a little bit about you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Michelle...Love your blog and your artwork!...will follow you; It was fun getting to know you a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts