Guest Host SUSAN


1. YOUR NAME:
Susan Alton aka LadyMissSusan

2. WHERE YOU ARE FROM:
Sacramento, CA

3. TWO PLACES YOU GET JOURNALING INSPIRATION FROM:
Dina Wakely & numerous twitter art journalers

4. WHAT YOU FIND TOUGHEST TO JOURNAL ABOUT:
Not subjects but finding the time lately is what holds me back.

5. WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT:
layering painting techniques

6. ARE YOU PUBLISHED? HAVE OTHER BRAGS?
Nah. I think you need to submit to get published. lol

7. YOUR WEB SITE OR BLOG
I'm Just A Girl

8. A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF:
Hi! I'm Susan, aka LadyMissSusan on the web. I moved from Kansas to California this past year and am creating a new life for myself. I spend my days working as a Glamour Technician (hairstylist), and my nights fostering my spirituality and recovery. I spend a lot of time watching tv, especially teen drama's and reality television! I love reading (again with the YA books, especially vampires), coffee, traveling, taking pics with my iPhone, Twitter, crafting (I'm really into collage's right now) and new adventures.

9. THREE UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
~I'm a hair twirler. Almost always with my left hand on the left side. My mom always said I did it when I was tired as a child but I do it all the time now.

~Since I am a hair twirler I'm obsessed with having super soft hair and usually use conditioners made for people with course thick hair.
~I like anything coconut.

10. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GET FROM A YEAR IN THE LIFE
I hope to get back into art journaling! I've lost my mojo since I moved. Also learn some new techniques from all my fellow guest host and fellow members.

11. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GIVE TO A YEAR IN THE LIFE
Hopefully some great inspiring prompts

12. ONE THING YOU WISH YOU HAD LISTENED TO THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU STARTED IN JOURNALING SOONER.
My gut instinct to just to do it. I was afraid to start because I might not do it 'right'. That makes me laugh now.

HERE'S WHAT SUSAN HAS USED FOR HER JOURNAL:
I've heard so much about the illustrious moleskin journal that that is what I decided to use. It's my first one. I think I'm going to decorate the front/back covers and also attach some ribbon to the front and back so that I can tie it shut.


Comments

  1. Susan, you are AWESOME! Your honesty, your art and words inspire me ALWAYS! I wait for them every month! I love your sense of humor too, btw. Thank you for blessing us with your life experiences and creativity.
    April ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo Susan! It's going to be a fun year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts