Artful Amblings 2010

Get ready for this coming year!! Our THEME is
ARTFUL AMBLINGS.
I have 6! YES SIX!! Amazing gals who will be guest hosts this year with me!! If you would like to link here, please DO!! The address to link to, is http://oneyearartjournal.blogspot.com. I would love to see more people playing along. Please note, that if you are finding us mid year, you are WELCOME to join us ANY time. In fact, we hope you do! We already have some sign ups for our NEW COMMUNITY!! If you're interested in extending this connection, or you're part of our Flickr group and would like a place with MUCH better communication and discussion tools, JOIN IN!! We'll still have the flickr group, but the ning group will be an excellent way for us to extend what is already started. This group will be focused on the art journal prompts here, nothing else.
BUT
I can't do it without all of YOU!! Otherwise, it's just me talking to myself over there. :)

Prompts will come out twice a month.
I will host prompts on the 15th of every month, and one of the guest hosts will provide the prompt on the 30th of every month!

Please leave a comment on the posts you create something for, and leave a link to what you've created!! I visit all the links left in the comments section.
Take some time to meet the GUEST HOSTS!!
GLENDA
JEN
LARA
MICHELLE
NIKKI
SUSAN

Over the next two weeks, I'll be sharing more about the girls, and we'll be posting more about deciding on art journals. In the mean time... I thought I'd re post some things I've written and found on line to help you start thinking.

GETTING STARTED:
First, you need to choose what you'll be USING for your art journal. I will be hosting prompts using ATC sized pieces, made from a deck of playing cards. HERE is a post I've done about how I make the backside of my ATC's ready for journaling. If you choose to create journals using playing cards, then you can either choose to create a box for your creations, or you can wait. I will advise you, that when I was finished with my Deck of ME with Emily, my little slender deck of 52 cards had more then quadrupled in thickness at the end of the year!! lol so whatever you create, you'll want to make lots of room. Think cigar boxes, or VERY LARGE office rings. I used a mid sized recipe box that I altered.

You can find tutorials for many ways to make altered books on line. Here are a few of my favorites.
Making a Book
Samantha Kira
More ALTERING
Three Ring altered book
Altering Thrifted Books

ALSO... if you don't have a LEAST one of the books recommended in the sidebar, those are great places to start too!!
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I found your blog too late to join in last year so I can't wait to get started this year. Now, off to decide on what I want to use for my journal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara got me interested in this by posting her pages on Livejournal. I already got a sketchbook for this, but have decided I need a bigger than A5!

    Will add the link here to my blog! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wihoo!!! here we go again.. I need to post my finished projects on my blog as well ;)

    thanks for doing this again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to take this ride with you again this year Rachel! Thanks for keeping us all inspired with your awesome work! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed 2009! I was so disappointed to find it late in the year!! I am ready to get started this year!!!! Lets Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, myself and I will be doing this this year. H-happies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really excited about this, Art Journaling is new to me since Dec but I have dived in fully to it.. I really am loving it.. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts