Artful Amblings April 30th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
One of the things I love about art journaling, and art in general, is you never know when you start where you are going to end up with a piece. This journal page was no different. When we were planning this years post I happened to hear this quote on t.v. and KNEW that I had to use it for this months prompt. I'm a crier. And at the time I was shedding a lot of tears, and the next couple of months will involve more tears for me as I make big changes in my life. So your prompt today is Tears which was inspired by these words:
There is sacredness in tears.
They are not the mark of weakness, but of power.
They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.
They are messengers of overwhelming grief...
And unspeakable love.
~Washington Irving
Technique to Try:
I love distressing techniques and this is a fun one to do with paint. First I gesso'd my pages and then layered a couple of layers of blue paint on the pages and then wrote my quote
Then I took my petroleum jelly and applied a liberal amount over my quote and in various places on my page. Then I applied another layer of various paint colors, more petroleum jelly in different places and another layer of paint. The thing about creating is sometimes you forget to take pictures for tutorials during the process. lol
They key to this is LET IT DRY OVERNIGHT or thoroughly. Then take a papertowel or napkin or rag and start rubbing. The more petroleum jelly you used in spots the more easily it will lift. Sometimes you have to rub a little harder in certain spots. I even used my nail in some areas around the journaling.
After wards I used a stamp and some alcohol inks to add more dimension and color. Here is another journal page I did using the same technique.
Hope this provides some inspiration for all of you this month and I can't wait to see what you all create with this prompt. A special THANK YOU to Rachel for letting me be a guest host this month! You're a world of inspiration to me!
~LadyMissSusan

~rachel All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts