Artful Amblings June 30th

Susan ended up posting, and I think her post is WAY better than mine... so I'm switching them out!!
Hi everyone! Susan here. Hope your having a great summer so far & getting all geared up for some July 4th festivities. I'll be spending my last 4th with the Springer family in the rousing town of Sycamore, Ks. I know you're jealous! lol It's a great time though & for Christy & I it's all about the photo opportunity & the kids craft every year.

Right now my life has been CRAZY!!! Nana is tucked away in the nursing home down the street & our house is in MASS CHAOS right now. Most things with my move have gone smoothly but it's real life so of course there are bumps along the road. I've had to BELIEVE in myself, my decisions, my higher power with all my heart like never before. Because my belief is being tested as it will from time to time. And you can't have doubt when you are believing with your whole heart. So my word for you this month is
BELIEVE.

TECHNIQUE to Try:
For this prompt I decided to use some tissue paper. I love the bright colors and the transparency some of them have and how they look layered together. I thought about how there are different kinds of beliefs and layers to the believing and so I cut tiny squares out of all the colors. I then used one of my favorite collage adhesives which I picked up in a collage class I took a few years ago at my local juco. My instructor taught us to mix 1/2 gloss medium and 1/2 matt medium together to make an acrylic adhesive. This rocks! No stickiness like with Mod Podge and the gloss clears up the milkiness of the matte and the matte tones down the glossiness. And it dries relatively fast.
So what do you believe in with all your heart?
Have a safe, fun holiday!
~Susan
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts