Artful Amblings July 30th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
Hi there! It's Michelle here, and I'm excited to be hosting the prompt for July 30th!
DREAM

For this prompt, I chose the word "DREAM." Dreams are the topic of my journal pages a lot it seems. I find night dreams so fascinating - full of symbolism and magic. I love writing them down and seeing the patterns that emerge. What is my subconscious trying to tell me? I also love the kind of dreams that are visions - what I dream of doing, seeing and becoming.

Technique to Try:
A technique to try is using salt with watercolors. I used this technique to create the sky on my page... I got my page pretty drenched with water before I started, and then created a watercolor base...

Then sprinkled on the salt. I used iodized sea salt on watercolor paper this time, although you can try different types of salt and paper for different effects...

I added a stenciled moon with gesso and a second layer of acrylic paint...

The photo of the dog is a free stock photo. I just loved his thoughtful gaze.

What do you dream of? Are your dreams telling you something? What symbols do you see in your dreams? Or.... What do you dream of for your future? What about daydreams?

Take this prompt any direction that you want to - I can't wait to see what you create!
~rachelAll images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts