Artful Amblings Aug 15th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
I've still not found my ART JOURNAL!!
I've also been enjoying a LOT of time at the river with my family... and that ended up making a GREAT prompt this month! Photography is one of my favorite things, and I decided to use IT to create my project for this prompt.
SYMBOLIC
Lately, my oldest son has been collecting heart shaped rocks for his girlfriend. A while ago, he brought me a rock, which at first I thought was heart shaped... but no.
It was a TRIANGLE. :P
Silly boy.
So suddenly, he and I were trading triangle shaped rocks, and the little boys started bringing them to me too. Instead of "I "heart" you," we say "I triangle you."
Of course I've been keeping the rocks. For this prompt, use something that's symbolic to you.

Technique to Try:
I used photography for this prompt, and took a shot of my new triangle rock collection. Then I used Picasa to write "i triangle you..." on the image. Sometimes art isn't all about paint. (even though I like it a lot when it IS.)

~rachel All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts