Musical Musings May 15th

This prompt is a little more on the "edgy" side... but I encourage you to think about how YOU can make it fit into YOUR comfort zone!! The song has a curse word (or two) in it as you can see by the title... but I've also included the clean version as the second song in the player on the sidebar so those who don't want to hear any language can still hear the song and get ideas from it.
THE PROMPT: Look at Me NOW!
THE SONG: FUCK YOU by Cee Lo Green
CLEAN version in the player as "forget you" to your right in the sidebar.
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Birds/Feathers
Thanks to my Guest Hosts!! I've been flat out too busy to be able to get to this. Just spent 8 hours in a car today... and don't have it in me to create anything. BUT the post goes up without me!! YAY!
ETA: I somehow missed CHRISTI had posted her page EARLY!! Yes. That's it. I'm blaming early.lol
CHRISTI
Ok, I gotta admit, I loved this song! The lyrics didn't exactly "speak" to me, though. So I picked out a few and rearranged them to express what I wanted to say! Which is, that I love love my hubby, and even after almost 15 years of marriage...he's still my best friend. (See how I leaned in exactly the opposite way from the direction of the song? I invite you to join the rebellion!)
For this page I experimented with my alcohol inks on Tim Holtz tissue tape, then applied some Smooch spritz for the background, clipped a vintage bird image from Cosmo Cricket paper, and finished the page off with my spritzed lyrics, a white gel pen, and white Staz-On ink. So, don't let this prompt scare you...you can do this without having to drop the "F-bomb!" (Unless you want to, then I say, fuckin' GO FOR IT!)

GLENDA
How fun is this song??? I took some of the lyrics from it and did a page on me and the hubs and how I still love him. I think I was still having fun with the speech bubbles from the April 15th prompt as well as I used them again on this! haha

SUSAN
Woo HOO I FINALLY got one in before the prompt went up! LOL
I used both title prompts & no journaling along with some Martha Stewart paint pens & highlighters. I wanted that graphic 60's poster vibe.


MARIT
Flipping through a magazine, I came across this painting by the artist Hundertwasser. (His work is so inspirational for art journalers! If you don't know this painter, google him!!!) My fingers began to itch, so I painted/draw a head like that on an old dictionary page. I cut out the drawing and glued it onto my page. The photo of the 'fuck you' lady is from a magazine too. Do you remember a few years back, owls were really 'hot' among scrappers?! I had this piece of paper left (don't know the branch...) and cut a few out. Doodling and handwriting with markers and a white sharpie. The dots are made with a pearl pen ('puffy paint' kinda stuff)


The title ('Look at me now') threw me back in time... it made me think of the time when I was in art school and struggling to find my own style and place in this world... it seems I found my way & destiny now!

ALSO!! Don't forget about the BLOG HOP!!
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Sweet prompt!!
    LOVE the samples!! You ladies are awesome!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great examples and I hate this song, but I did it anyway!!

    http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/musical-musings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sure I was going to hate this song, because I don't enjoy this genre in general, and music filled with foul language usually disgusts me, but I actually love this song! It's fun, the tune is really catchy, and Cee Lo Green really is one talented guy! The video really tells a story too. What a fun idea for a prompt. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an awesome buch of ladies! I love you guys and your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished this page today. http://scatter50.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-love-prompts.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the examples!
    I love this song...I hear it on the car radio and it sounds so upbeat and fun, that I didn't even realize the presence of the F*** word until now LOL :D But I still like it!
    I just got my 1st moleskine in the mail today. I'll be facing the dreaded white page, so I hope you ladies help me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love the last one. It's very funky and bizarre. Love how you combined the collage and drawing elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this one a few weeks ago but forgot to blog about it and post it here. I'm cracking myself up because my page is such a literal depiction of a line in the song, and has nothing to do with "look at me now" and doesn't use birds or feathers. I got so excited to make something I lost sight of the prompt. LOL. Here it is anyway!

    http://iamrushmore.blogspot.com/2011/06/musical-musings-post-look-at-me-now.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts