Musical Musings May 30th

Thanks so much to GLENDA for hosting this prompt!
The Prompt: Faith
The Song: Heaven help me by Gretchen Wilson
Product/Technique: Wings
Written Lyrics HERE
This song is not available on project playlist, so I've included a you tube video for you to listen.

GLENDA
This is such a powerful song that really resonates with me. I think sometimes we all feel like this at one time or another in our lives and I did a page that included some of the lyrics and used the title of the song as my page title as well. I realized after that this could have very well have been the Ozzy Osbourne song "Crazy Train" as well because I was inspired by the train on the paper, but I stuck with "Heaven Help" me and just used one of the lyrics of Crazy Train. That's the beauty of art journaling, there is just so much inspiration out there!!

MARIT
It feels a bit odd, to come with this 'simple page'... it's just the photo (sanded on the edges) and some words from the lyrics, but the image is so strong that the page is 'finished' this way!
(By the way: it's not an 'autobiographic' page or something, and the woman isn't me. My personal opinion - and way of life - is that you better face your 'demons' (we all have them you know) and then they become less frightened.)

CHRISTI
I just love how this page came out...I chose 3 different shades of yellow, then used my dotted roller-doodle to cover a white page. (Mainly because I couldn't find my sea sponge, but I liked the effect, so I went with it!) A little stamping with rust orange, some sanding, the tissue tape, and I was ready for my journaling. Here's where it got tricky...since I wanted to use a typewriter font, but couldn't very well run a painted page through my printer, I decided to use an old-school method. I printed my words out on a regular sheet of paper, then scribbled over the BACK side of the text with a pencil, cut out the words and placed them (penciled side down, text side up) on my page, traced OVER the words with a pencil, then removed the paper and had a ghost image of the lyrics right on my page! From there, I just used a black journaling pen over the faint penciled lines, and voilà! "Typed" words (with a handmade feel) right where I wanted them. And done.

RACHEL
I've been waiting to do this one... and time was getting away from me!! So I created a digital page. Just a reminder that sometimes it's in the CREATING of the page and expression of a thing that you REALLY get to the "art" of a thing... Don't think that just because you don't have time to make a mess, you don't have time to CREATE! I used a photo I recently took while at the Oregon Coast, and used some lines from the song... Dealing with a lot of things these days, and I definitely can't do it on my own.

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Wow!Great song, great pages! Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is so beatiful! I'm so glad it was chosen for this prompt. Everyone's interpretation is awesome (as usual) Thanks!!! http://gollywobbles.blogspot.com/2011/05/heaven-help-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHH!! This is totally me, all day. Faith. Struggling with it, facing it, trying to beat it.

    Marit knows about me and faith!!! We have had quite a few convo's about it!!

    xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is just the prompt I need, and I will be back with my first ever contribution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy seeing everyones pages. Oh Marit, I love your page. It speaks so clearly to me. I love this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got mine done. I really needed this one! Thanks everybody!
    http://heartjournaling.blogspot.com/2011/05/heaven-help-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last prompt (its on the to-do list) and this one was right on time for everything I am going through at the moment. I'm looking forward to working on these pages. I really need the "therapy" right about now. Everyone's page was so inspiring, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite like the song... and I love the concept! Marit made me think outside the box though!! =)

    http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com/2011/06/05/faith-2/

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first the prompt just wasn't doing it for me, but an outside quote tied nicely to the theme and really got my going. I had a great time working on this one. My page is here.

    http://iamrushmore.blogspot.com/2011/06/musical-musings-prompt-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was strange timing. I blogged about it here http://scatter50.blogspot.com/2011/06/art-journal.html
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts