Musical Musings Dec 15th

THE PROMPT: Lighten Up
THE SONG: Raise Your Glass by Pink
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Confetti

MARIT:
December is 'party month' to me - in particular the last week of the year when the top 2000 is on the radio. A few years back, I grabbed this annual musical 'festival' and turned it into a 'creative music party' on my blog. My 'blog event' will be held for the third time this year, with participants playing along from all over the world... I might not dress up like this lady (although my legs look similar - unfortunately I don't have a webcam to prove it) but I sure feel this way! Working on this prompt was like a taste to 'what's to come' and I had major fun making this page! Turn on the radio and paa-haa-rtyyy!!!

RACHEL
Silly me, made up this prompt, and didn't have CONFETTI!! lol So I used glitter. I love this song, because I've never been one to "fit it" very well, and the moment I heard it, I knew I had to use it for a prompt. I used some of the lyrics to take the place of my journaling. Basically, I'm happy to be me, and it's SO ON right now. lol The photo I used is one I took a long time ago to express my love of SLURPEES.

GLENDA
This was a great song and I used part of the lyrics in my page. This is my new 12 x 12 art journal and I'm loving the big new size!!

Let's see what you create!! Celebrate your freak, and lighten up!!
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. One of my favorite prompts! And I was already working on a page for this song so I was ecstatic to see it posted!
    http://roadtoanartjournal.blogspot.com/2011/12/raise-your-glass-and-process.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite songs!! Great pages, and a wonderful prompt for the holidays!!
    PS I keep all of the holes from using my paper punch, so I'll always have confetti!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE PINK! I am planning out a whole journal about real beauty themed around "Fucking Perfect." There is no way I'll miss this prompt. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts