Guest Host JILL

Meet Jill Scripps

  • I grew up in Arizona and moved to Michigan 6+ years ago!
  • I get journaling inspiration lots of places but the first two that come to mind is from my kids and from my backyard.
  • I find it really hard to journal the big, hard life changing stuff. It's easy for me to journal the good stuff. But the bad stuff is hard.
  • I really want to learn more about transfer techniques! I don't know why, but I've never tried any of them!
  • I'm not published...but I did just win my first photography contest and the photo will be used on the company's website! I'm pretty excited about that.
  • I blog at Fireflies Art
  • and also Fireflies Photography
  • and I sell my goodies at Fireflies Art & Sundries
  • I have been married for 11 years and have a beautiful 7 year daughter, Sage and an adorable 4 year old son, Emerson. I'm a mostly stay at home momma...but I also have my etsy shop and photography to keep me busy! I love taking pictures, thrifting, crafting and hanging out with my family.
  • Hmmmmm. 3 unknown things about me. 1. I'm scared of thunderstorms. 2. I'm only 31 and I'm having major hip surgery at the end of this month. 3. My husband is the only guy I dated...and the only guy I've kissed.
  • I'm excited to have some different journaling prompts! I've been slacking in the journaling department and I'm excited to get back at it!
  • I hope that I can help people realize that you don't need expensive supplies in order to have an wonderful art journal. The majority of my supplies are thrifted!
  • The one thing I wish I had listened to a long time ago is to just write something down everyday. I regret that I haven't journaled more over the past few years.

I am going to go a couple of different routes for my journals this year! The first thing I'm doing is art journal cards. I participated in Emily Falconbridge's art journal cards and tags a couple of years ago and loved it. This year I'm doing my own prompts...and my kids are even playing along! I found a box of these old envelopes that around 5" x 3" and they are working perfectly!

And for the prompts from A Year in the Life I'm going to use this gorgeous Sabrina Ward Harrison journal I bought a couple years ago. I haven't touched it yet...and it needs to be filled up!

I am a major thrifter! The majority of my crafting supplies I've purchased at thrift stores for super cheap! I do of course have some more traditional supplies as well...but my thrifted supplies are my favorite because I don't hesitate to use them because they cost me so little. I feel like when I buy expensive supplies I end up hoarding them, waiting for the perfect moment to use them!

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you Jill. I'm a Michigan native via the east coast. I look forward to journaling along with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts