Whatever and Whatnot Aug 30th

The prompt today, is brought to you by Dani!!
THE PROMPT: Say something to yourself, 10 years ago. Write a letter, write a sentence, write one word. Just think back to YOU 10 years ago, and say what you would tell YOU if you could.
THE STUFF: Photo(s) of YOU 10 years ago. If you don't have one easy enough to get to, then just use something(s) that reminds you of YOU back then.
THE TECHNIQUE:
Let's go scrapbook with the technique, and use something you used on pages 10 years ago.
GLENDA
While I cheated and used a picture that was only a few years old (I couldn't find one that was 10 years old!) I enjoyed reminding myself to relax, don't worry and be happy!! I am often high strung and it doesn't take much to set me off into a tizzy! I wish I were more laid back and it's something that I continuously work on.

LIZZIE
When I was 18, I was on my own, trying to finish up high school, and thinking that the world was against me and that there is no one that cares about me.  It was rough.  I just wish I could have heard one person come up to me, and say 'It's going to be okay' , 'everything will work out, I promise'.  That's all.  I might not have done 90% of the things I did or thought when I was 18 if I heard those simple words.

LINDA
I did not make any pages 10years ago, but I did have an album with photos and I used stickers with room to add text. 
I've choose to focus on the message to me from me and have skipped the scrapbooking technique on this page.


RACHEL
So pretty much nothing has turned out like I thought it would ten years ago... but one thing I would love to be able to have told myself then, was that it would still be OK.

Now it's YOUR TURN!! We look forward to seeing what you create!!
The rules
  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)   
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Yay! Another excuse to ignore my homework and work on art instead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts