Guest Host Amy

What do I say about myself?....
Let's see....
  • I'm 38 years old, almost 39 (UGH, I'm almost 40?!).
  • I spent 38 years + 9 months of my life in small towns in Northeastern Oregon.
  • This Oregon Girl recently moved to Nampa, ID with my hubby & our brood...2 dogs, 2 cats & a rabbit.
  • Art has been the one constant in my life. I think I came out of my mother's womb creating!
  • I can't label myself as a "scrapper", "journaler", "photographer" because I am interested in it all. I think I have tried just about everything, drawing, painting, ceramics, beading/jewelry making, scrapbooking, photography, quilting, journaling, altered things, etc, etc. You name it, I've probably tried it.
  • Right now my biggest passions are probably photography (casual, not frou frou expensive equipment type, nothing against that though), quilting & decorating (with a house 3 times bigger than our old one, I have a lot of space to figure out what to do with LOL). 
  • I find inspiration in pretty much everything & that is probably the thing I love most about creativity. It changes how you see things & see the world. I can see a branch from a tree and think it would make a awesome coat rack hook. The gorgeous colors of a sunset, a beautiful quilt. That piece of metal mesh laying on the ground, a AWESOME texture on my next canvas or journal page. That old beat up door you are going to throw away, a PERFECT table! Etc, etc.
Anything else?....
I'm a breast cancer survivor (diagnosed @ 31).
I REALLY want to go to Italy (REALLY spend some time there getting to know the people & the country) before I die.
I could probably eat pizza every day of my life and be happy about it.
I love tattoos and appreciate them as a art form. 

OK, that's enough about me! Let's play!
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Welcome Amy. I'm glad to hear someone else is as crazy about trying new things as I am. Congratulations on fighting the cancer beast and winning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you see something useful in found objects. Can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Boo. I think some of the most awesome things you can use in art/decorating?pretty much anything are found objects. They have soo much more character to them than just plain ol' off the shelf items.

      Delete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts