WELCOME, 2013 JOURNALERS!!

Hello, GANG!! Welcome to 2013!! In the next couple weeks, we will be posting regularly about the NEW and RETURNING guest hosts here at A Year in the Life of an Art Journal!! In the mean time, let me share a little bit about what YOU can do to get READY. (there *might* be a few hints in here)

  1. Get your JOURNAL ready!! Keep in mind, that this year, your final product will be destined for the coffee table. We're calling it a "Coffee Table Journal". Similar to coffee table books, that are meant to be left out for people to browse.
  2. Don't always have time to journal or get messy? This year, we'll have something for you too! 
  3. Get ready to be creative, be inspired, and to be part of a COMMUNITY. 
  4. As usual, our prompts will be shared in an open ended format, so that you can take them and make them YOURS. We also aim to make it easy for you to take tons of time on them, or be short and sweet with them as suits you.
  5. Grab your coffee and pull up a chair! We're going to have a blast this year, using your camera AND/OR your paints.
This year, I'm also being joined by Glenda Tkalac, who has been a guest host with me here on A Year in the Life for many years. She is an amazing artist, and she has been a faithful guest host and friend. I'm so lucky to have her as MY PARTNER this year!! Part of this year's prompts are that they will be broken down into photography, and art journaling. Glenda will be the go to gal for the journaling and "art" part of our prompts, and I'll be heading up the photography. I look forward to what this year holds with Glenda here as more than a guest host.

ARE YOU READY!? In the coming days, you'll be meeting our guest hosts, and somewhere in there, we'll be sharing a "sample" prompt so you can see what we have planned for you!! Prompts will continue to be posted on the 15th and 30th of every month. 
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to get started!! :) I need to finish up last years project.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited.I was lousy at this last year.This year hope to be more active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun year ahead! Can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super pumped about this and can't wait to get started and see everyone's take on this! Thanks for the great intro Rachel it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome ladies! I can’t wait to see how this is going to work. I did the prompts last year, but have been a little lazy about posting them to the blog and to flickr. I’ll try to get that in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to join in this year..
    Many New Year blessings from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a theme I can really sink myself into. I don't drink coffee, but I love coffee books. I already have ideas running in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Excited for this year's prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I do not have a coffee table and at least the first few prompts will be going into the art journal I've been working on for the last nine months, my Journal #1. Then the rest will probably go into Journal #2. However, I'm looking forward to making some interesting creations on this theme, because tea and lattes have inspired some of my best work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts