Musical Musings July 30th

This prompt was brought to you by SUSAN!!
The Prompt: Control
The Song: Only Girl (in the world) by Rhianna
Written Lyrics HERE
Product/Technique: lipstick

SUSAN
I just LOVE this Rhianna song! I want to feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world to someone. I want to feel like I was the one chosen because of our connection. That obviously hasn't happened for me yet, but I have faith that it will, someday. I used a stencil with some glimmer mist on some old dictionary & book pages (pages from a Twilight book that the dog chewed up. Thought it was fitting to Edward & Bella). I cut those out & glued them down & used them to journal the words of the song that I thought appropriate. Paper is from an old K&Co pack along with some Hambly rubons & Making Memories letter stickers.

GLENDA
I used a portion of the lyrics "take me for a ride" as I had this fun picture that I had taken while I was driving (I know, I know!)and just had some fun with it. I drive this route every day to get to work and loved the perspective of the photo.

MARIT
I always seem to find my inspiration in the lyrics, not the 'prompt title' or the techniques... Again, this page arose from a sentence... I cut the image out of an old 'National Geographic' magazine (I have a huge stack of those. Every time I flip though the pages, I see other images that I can use.) I'm not really sure if this lady is really sitting on the back of her husband or that she's standing on higher ground behind him, but I find the image fitting with the text.
To create the background I used gesso, paint, spray ink, watersoluble crayons and stamping ink (the vague text stamp is visible in the yellow background behind the woman). The circles are cut out images. Black and white sharpies for the spirals and journaling.

Show us what you got!! Don't forget, you can take any part of all of the prompt! The point is to use these prompts as inspiration and create something that's all YOU!!
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Her is my page http://favoritspotonearth.blogspot.com/2011/07/only-girl-in-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all really wonderful! I love how even the same lyrics can seem so different between two pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your Challenge Blog.. Great DT work!!

    Here's my layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this prompt, but kept it super simple 'cause of a hectic schedule. Didn't want to skip it again though!! I don't wear much lipstick, but I thought RED so that's where I went with the paint. Thanks!
    http://heartjournaling.blogspot.com/2011/08/only-girl-in-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful place i just discovered: your blog is just great! Love the idea, the posts... everything.

    i am currently working on a my first full project for an illustrated book... cross your fongers :)
    you can take a peek:
    here:http://sandravandoornphotography.blogspot.com/2011/07/ucello.html

    will be back, have added you to my list of course :) xo sandra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts