Musical Musings Oct 15th

The PROMPT: Scars
THE SONG: Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: rips and tearing
Headache is gone, and my grand daughter arrived safe and sound. :) Thanks so much for waiting for the prompt!! Here's a little reward:

MARIT
On August 26th my man and son went to a blues concert. On their way home my beloved stumbled and fell in an unfortunate way... with his head right on the edge of the sidewalk (the English dictionary calls it ‘curb’… I never heard of this word but I presume you know it?!)
When my son saw all the blood coming from his head, he called the ambulance right away, and phoned me right after that. I took a cab to the hospital and my son and I sat there waiting until 2 am... In that time, they scanned my beloved's brain to see how bad the damage was (nothing wrong with that, pfew!) and stitched him up with approximately 20 stitches…
In the days that followed, his face and eyes turned from blue to purple to black to green to yellow and I made photo's of the process. It was weeks ago, and the only thing left is a big scar! When I saw this prompt, I just HAD to use one of the photos!

The background is made from old book pages. I transferred the photo with gel medium. A bit of spray inked and painted text finished the page.
GLENDA
I usually always use pictures in my journal pages so this was a refreshing change for me! I went with the lyrics and put the lyrics inside the heart.

RACHEL
Dedicated to a friendship that I have recently stepped away from for the sake of my own heart... One of these days I'll have the time and clean space in my studio to create a REAL page... but this one was pretty cathartic to create digitally!!

We're nearing the end of our year!! I'm thinking about what next year might hold for our group, and thinking of what directions I might take with our prompts next year... and I'm looking forward to seeing the directions you all take these prompts to make them YOURS!
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Mine is finished: http://soiwasjust.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-works.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh, congrats with this cutie Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song so much! Here is a piece I made from the lyrics last year:
    http://www.anartfulendeavor.com/2010/09/music-monday-jar-of-hearts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for this song to be a prompt since it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked these pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally done:
    http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.com/2011/11/year-in-life-of-art-journal-musical_19.html
    :O)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts