Whatever and Whatnot July 30th

This prompt was a so much FUN!! I have paint all OVER my hands. It's brought to you by Margrethe!! 
THE PROMPT: Love
THE STUFF: A list of things you love right now, a photo of a person you love, etc.
THE TECHNIQUE: Hearts - draw one, paint one, sew one, cut one out from a magazine. Whatever you come up with! 
 

MARGRETHE
I knew I wanted to make a layout with "flying hearts", but my initial plan of cutting hearts from a newspaper with my Silhouette Cameo fell through pretty quickly when I realized my cutting mat is still too sticky... Pulling and scratching newspaper paper from the mat is no fun. Trust me on that!
I ended up using a patterned paper instead.
Background paper from Sodalicious, stamp by Kelly Purkey, tape from Freckled Fawn. I love these Thickers!!!
And I love my husband. Which this layout is about.


LINDA
I watched a video where Donna Downey made a page with paint she had cleaned out of the paint palettes. I wanted to try this on this page. I've made a tribute page to what I love about art and design. I even manage to put a blue heart in there as well.
 
GLENDA
I took a light hearted approach to this layout and had fun showing some of the things that I adore! Flowers, art, baubles and reading are just a few of the things that I love. I have a few little heart stickers placed throughout the journal page.

RACHEL
I don't have any recent photos of everyone that I love... so I decided to forgo the picture, and focus on the heart part of the prompt. Then I journaled around the edge of my page.
Now it's YOUR TURN!! We look forward to seeing what you create!!
The rules
  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts