The Precinct: Mar 30th 2014

Modus Operandi: 
The Neighbors Never Noticed...
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with a description of something other people don’t know or notice about you.
SKETCH ARTISTS: Pick a magazine image or photo, and then paint over it, using the outline of a second image to keep part of the first image clean. Then use a second color to paint over the picture… over the eyes… over the mouth… or even drizzled down the page.

RACHEL
"People don't notice my soft side..."



LARA
I used my Gelli Plate to print over a photo of myself. I masked my eyes with ripped paper. I also used Gesso to make some drips and spatters as well as on stamps to create more layers. The quote is something i've been meditating on for a couple of weeks now. Not only do i tend to overthink everything, but i probably cause more detriment to myself doing it.

DEB
Hi Guys!!
So..here is my go at the prompt for March 30.
I will admit, I have been crazy busy this month, so I read the instructions and toddled off over to the Art room and just went for it. So... I may not have adhered STRICTLY to the prompt guidelines.
This morning in bed, I added some doodling while I sipped my coffee... and the result is probably a perfect indication of where my head has been this month.
My friends and I often joke that my head is like a browser with about 2,000 tabs open at any one time... and most times I haven't a clue which tab I am on.
So I guess. this fits!!
Had a ball doing this one. Instead of dripping paint, I blobbed it on, and blew it so the paint spread everywhere.
I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!
Can I also say- a huge thank you to everyone who has shared .. I do try to comment or say hi back.. but I am having some wordpress issues. So if I haven't commented... don't worry.. Ive looked and loved!!!
Debxxoo

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!
THE RULES:
  • Use all or just part of the prompts. 
  • MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  • SHOOTERS: You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of) 
  • There is NO right or wrong. 
  • Share your feedback on the work of others that share here positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of another person's work. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.) 
  • This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do) 
  • Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments section of the posts here on the blog, that you create for! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  • If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!) Ready to join THE FORCE
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts