Step One.

WELCOME!!! I'm beyond excited to see that we have such a great turn out already here on the blog for this year's art journal prompts!! If you would like to link here, please DO!! The address to link to, is http://oneyearartjournal.blogspot.com. I would love to see more people playing along!!

Here are a few things to get you started and thinking in the right direction.
First, you need to choose what you'll be USING for your art journal. I will be hosting prompts using ATC sized pieces, made from a deck of playing cards. HERE is a post I've done about how I make the backside of my ATC's ready for journaling.
Here are some pages from my art journal that I worked on last year. I was in charge of the prompts HERE.


Here are some of the pieces I created while following along with Emily HERE.


Rather than retyping my plans for the year, I'm linking to THIS POST explaining what I plan to do this year. If you choose to create journals using playing cards, then you can either choose to create a box for your creations, or you can wait. I will advise you, that when I was finished with my Deck of ME with Emily, my little slender deck of 52 cards had more then quadrupled in thickness at the end of the year!! lol so whatever you create, you'll want to make lots of room. Think cigar boxes, or VERY LARGE office rings. I used a mid sized recipe box that I altered.

As you may have noticed in the first photo, my art journal last year, was a little golden book that I altered. You can find tutorials for many ways to make altered books on line. Here are a few of my favorites.
Making a Book
Samantha Kira
More ALTERING
Three Ring altered book
Altering Thrifted Books

ALSO... if you don't have a LEAST one of the books recommended in the sidebar, it would be AWESOME if you got one before the year starts!! Heck. Get two... or enough to equal 25.00 so that you can get free shipping on Amazon!! There is a shopping widget at the bottom of this page, for your EASE of shopping. I know. No need to thank me. I do what I can. :P

Looking forward to playing with you all this year!!
~rachel

Comments

  1. i'm so going to check these books out at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple of those books at the library in the last year...hope our new library has at least one of them! (Otherwise I know exactly where my Christmas money is going!) Still trying to decide what my format will be for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I'm so excited to have found you on here.I'll be joining in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait!now to decide what i am going to use!!nuttin like waiting for the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, can the 5th come already? I keep coming back daily and thinking... "When the HECK is the first challenge going to be posted?"
    ---

    THEN.

    I'm all... Oh yeh. The 5th. *Bonks self in the head* DUR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to have found this blog! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun!!! I just found your blog via Pinterest. I keep a sketchbook journal but I am loving all the different kinds everyone is doing and trying a few new ones myself! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts