ABC's of ME Art Journal Prompt 'U'

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
I have been away this weekend, and only just got home a little while ago... it was so tempting to create a post tonight saying that I needed some more time to get the prompt up, but I decided to buckle down and play so I could post something for you!!
UNDERNEATH
So many times what others see on our surface is so far from what is going on underneath our surface...

Techniques If you're interested: I'm currently working on a project that involves a LOT of layers with paint and textures, so I played with some of that today... A base layer of orange that you can also see through... I spray painted over a doily. I used a sponge brush to paint over the metal that comes in a wall patching kit. I used alcohol inks and glimmer mist for some more interest. Using the layers was fun for me to help symbolize how many dimensions are covering what's underneath it all for me.
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I was wondering what "U" word you would come up with - this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers Rachel!!! Here's mine:

    http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/2009/10/year-in-life-of-art-journal.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://todreamoutloud.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekend-art-journal-pages.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey - wasnt yesterday the 1st monday of the month? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts