ABC's of ME Art Journal Prompt 'V'

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
Dang it if my life isn't running ME right now.
While I did get a lot of THINGS done this weekend... I didn't get anything CREATED.
SO.
I'll offer you my word, and one of the things that I have created lately, and my sentiment behind my word for you this late week.
VICARIOUS

One of the many things I love to create are dolls. The ideas for them come, and once they are on my mind, I have to create them. HAVE TO. My last doll was Marie Antoinette, and I read up a lot about her as I was formulating how she would come to be... and as with a lot of my dolls, I find myself living a little vicariously through the characters they become to me...
So what does the word vicarious strike up in your mind? Maybe it's living through your creations... children... other artists... or maybe you feel like others try to live through you... whatever your case may be, I hope you share with me here!!
Techniques If you're interested:I made my doll using cloth and creative paperclay. If you're interested in learning how to create dolls this way, I recommend taking a class from Gritty Jane.
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. The doll is aweosme! So diffrent than most you see of MA. I love the prompt! I will do a journal post for it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great prompt...the idea i have for mine....hehehehe...if I do it...will make you laugh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you crafty woman you!!! Love the soft colors in the doll!! I was just popping in to see what was up because I didn't get an email for this prompt?? Oh well, glad I stopped by and now I have to think about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this was a fabulous word as always and really made me think. There is one main thing that I live vicariously through others and this is it:

    http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/2009/11/winner-winner-chicken-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://todreamoutloud.blogspot.com/2009/11/vicarious-art-journal-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I am still having fun! Here's my "S" page:

    http://inspirationeverywhere.blogspot.com/2009/11/greeting-from-me-and-willie-plus-new.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just surfed in to your blog and have to tell you that I love,love,love your Marie A doll!..she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts