2010 Guest Host JEN

This guest is one of my favorite friends I've found here on line through the world of blogging and art. She took part in the same Deck of ME project with Emily Falconbridge that I did three years ago... and I fell in love with her right off the bat. Her photography is amazing, and she makes beautiful things too!! I think she'd consider herself more of a scrapper than an art journaler, and that's one of the reasons I invited her to be a host here!! Because art journaling can be ANYTHING. Please help me welcome JEN!!

1. YOUR NAME: Jennifer
2. WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Massachusetts
3. TWO PLACES YOU GET JOURNALING INSPIRATION FROM: This is only the second time I've ever done an art journal, but I'd have to say other scrapbookers and art journal people just like yourselves!
4.WHAT YOU FIND TOUGHEST TO JOURNAL ABOUT: Myself. I never know what to write without sounding like a dork. :)
5. WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT: Just letting go and having fun with this. I'm way too structured in my approach to art.
6. ARE YOU PUBLISHED? HAVE OTHER BRAGS? Nope, but I think I'm a pretty darn good photographer. ;)
7. YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOG: www.scrappinjenny.blogspot.com
8. A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF: I'm a stay at home mom to one beautiful teenage daughter and married to my best friend for almost 17 years. I have a degree in fine arts, been scrapbooking since 1998 but the last few years I've really gotten into photography.
9. THREE UNKNOWN THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF: I make killer chocolate chip cookies, I was head cheerleader in 9th grade and I have an unnatural obsession with handbags. It's just wrong.
10. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GET FROM A YEAR IN THE LIFE: I just want to have fun, let my creative juices flow and rediscover my love for art.
11. WHAT YOU HOPE TO GIVE TO A YEAR IN THE LIFE: I hope I do this right! I was so honored that Rachel asked me to be a part of this! I sincerely hope I don't screw it up!
12. ONE THING YOU WISH YOU HAD LISTENED TO THAT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOU STARTED IN JOURNALING SOONER: My heart. I have wanted to do this forever and my heart wanted to, but I let life and other distractions get in the way. But I think this is the perfect opportunity to just take some time for myself and have fun.
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Wow..So excited to see all of your work!Congrats on hosting!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts