Artful Amblings May 30th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
This prompt is brought to you by my friend JEN!!
I am not much of an art journaler. I've only ever done one once and that was a couple of years ago. But when Rachel asked me to take part in this, I got very excited and said yes. I thought it would be a great way to expose myself to different types of art and creativity.

For the month of May, I picked the word "self". May is my birthday as well as Mother's Day, so I get a lot of attention paid to me this month. I thought it would be fitting to take a step back and see how it is I see myself.
I chose to do my layout digitally. I know there are a lot of people out there that have an aversion to this (and I can understand why) but it's something I've just started to dip my toes into and I'm really enjoying it for it's ease as well as it's green qualities. I'm really interested in incorporating traditional paper scrapbooking with digital elements. It has opened up a whole new aspect to scrapbooking for me.

The only technique I would suggest is to use a picture of yourself on your layout with a list of the rolls you play in life. It can be a self-portrait or one that another person has taken. You could even draw a picture of yourself. Have fun with it! I used a shot I took of myself sitting at my computer, in my pj's and with no makeup, because this is where I am most mornings. The journaling reads "How do I see myself? I play many rolls...I am a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, an artist, a photographer, a blogger. I am a nurturer, a cook, a car service and so much more. But most of all, I am a strong, confident woman."

The digital paper I used came from a kit I got when I took an online class. The overlay is from Basic Grey. And the fonts are LD Blankie and LD Woodland.

Have fun with this layout and remember no matter how you see yourself, you are all beautiful women.

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts