Artful Amblings Dec 30th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
This post is brought to you by Michelle!! My last guest host, and our last prompt until Jan 15th, 2011!! We'll be posting about preparation and getting our ONE WORD ready for the new year! I hope you'll join us!!
VISION



New Year's is my favorite holiday. I love looking back at the year that's ending and creating a vision for the year ahead. I've got lots of ideas and goals for 2011, but my vision is a bigger picture. I want to keep creating, but look more closely at how I spend my time. I need to slow down and focus on the things that are most important. My journaling reflects that in a story.

What is your vision for the new year? Or for your life in general? What does the word "vision" mean to you?

Technique to try:
The technique I would like to suggest for you is to focus on symbolism. I've included photos of my animal totems on my page. This is just one example of symbolism. When you think of 2011, what symbols come to mind? Represent those symbols somewhere on your page.

I've used paint, photos and gloss gel medium on my page, but you can use anything you like. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create!

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Be SURE to post your links to your finished or works in progress journals!! That's part of the fun of this group activity!! Seeing how everyone's journals came together. HOWEVER. Some of us (myself included) didn't get our journals totally finished! No worries. Share where you are!!

Comments

  1. I am a huge fan of Michelle's work and love how whimsical and colorful her pages are!! I finally did my take and you can see it here:
    http://somewhereovertherainbowunicornsdream.blogspot.com/2011/01/year-in-life-of-art-journal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAY.... I finished my last past for 2010 Vision! I knew I could catch up, ha! I'm happy!!! On to my new art journal and the first prompt for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this one..guess I'll be playing catch up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts