Guest Host BECKY

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjmhhwsA6zwcfLHdVM-_Uw3p4cc5oOm8YSy_7zcze_1YYhBqpx_37Rpg1tx_lTVaWBcUJM4WXWGvDV9IWlMKhoaZNxp9V-liN4M4q1kgP2CkPLdOuvj_pXJMyTVxd8nZ-UQNAQ1dWhraO35/s1600/me2011.jpg
Hi everyone! I am Becky Thackston from way down south in Georgia. I wish we could of traveled more when I was growing up but home is where the heart is :)

Two places I get journaling inspiration from:
Well that would have to be my heart...when it speaks..I listen. And I could journal all day sometimes. I also get inspiration from artwork that I might see here and there.

What do I find the hardest to journal about:
Sometimes just my deepest feelings. They can be hard to share or bring up hard memories.

What I would like to learn more about:
Art Journaling in general. I have never really focused on keeping an art Journal. I am excited to start this journaling and just want to learn how to let go and let the art speak for me. It is so easy for me to sit and paint a picture but yet to make a journaling art page is tough for me. I hope to learn how to just let the art flow :)

Are you Published:
I am excited to say yes. I have been blessed over the last 4-5 years to have layouts published in several different magazines such as Somerset Memories, Scrapbooking & Beyond, Making Memories and Creating Keepsakes. It is such a high for me and something I do enjoy doing...I submit as much as I can.

website or blog:
my paintings can be seen at Art from the Heart http://www.beckythackston.weebly.com/ and my blog at Step into My World http://www.beckythackston.blogspot.com/

A little about me:
I am the mom to two children. My daughter is about to give us our first grandaughter, Tensley Danielle.
I have been doing some sort of art for most of my life. I love to draw and paint and have been doing so since I was about two years old. I most recently picked up quilting and have really enjoyed this. I always seem to have some sort of craft project going on all the time. I never slow down. Between working out of the home full time in the medical field and crafting...I tend to be a pretty busy lady. I have two beautiful fur babies that stay in the house with me. They act just like my children., Sylvester and Tiger. And my husband has two cutie doggies that stay outside, Shadow who is a Black Lab and Benji who is a very noisy Beagle. I love to go camping and to just be one of the boys. I am a huge TomBoy.

Three Unknown Things about myself:
hmmmmmm tough!
When I was a teenager I was in the Miss Georgia Teen Pageant with 99 other girls. Which is pretty funny actually because I am a very huge tomboy and you will rarely see me in dresses so to enter a pageant was very odd for me.
I have one tattoo with hopes of getting one more, that I will design, before I turn 40 in November.
I love to listen to all kinds of music and can secretly dance all through the house when it is playing.

What I hope to get from A Year in the Life:
Inspiration....new ideas....and to really reach down deep to find myself

What I hope to give to A Year in the Life:
A look into who I am. And hopefully to be inspiration for someone else who is on the fence to try their hand at Art Journaling. I'm a beginner too so jump on in and we can do this together.

One thing I wish I would of listened too that would of gotten me started in Journaling sooner:
To listen to my inner me and not be scared to let my feelings go and share. Not to be so timid and afraid. To let my art speak for me and not worry about what others will think or say about it.

Comments

Popular Posts