Musical Musings Aug 15th

THE PROMPT: Promises
THE SONG: Run Devil Run by Kesha
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: The poison symbol
As always, the prompts are designed for you to take all of parts of the three part prompt and use the idea as a jumping off point for YOUR art!! Use the songs as inspiration, create your piece as the prompt applies to you and use our off the wall product/techniques to stretch yourself a bit!
Be sure to leave a comment here on the blog with a link to your project. This is the place the guest hosts and I visit and comment from. :) Here's what some of the guest hosts created!! Can't wait to see YOUR takes on this!
GLENDA
I was inspired by a few things for this prompt, particularly some of the lyrics as well as the poison symbol. This page was very therapeutic for me!
MARIT
There's something strange going on with me... since I made a square book to make these prompts in, the pages all turn out a bit like 'album covers'. They don't look like my 'normal' art journal pages at all... but it isn't the traditional 'scrapbooking' either... well, never mind what it is, here's my contribution for this prompt.

I had the image of the cartoon (I think she's called 'Electra'?) and I found it very fitting and complementary for the songlyrics. The background is painted black, white watersoluble crayons for the 'light' behind the figure, the title is written with sharpie markers and the border is made with puffy paint.

RACHEL

I decided to use skulls but not the exact poison symbol... kinda like the way this digital piece came out. Some good passive aggressive therapy for me as well... lol
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Awesome! You're inspiring me in every post! Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my page http://favoritspotonearth.blogspot.com/2011/08/lage-en-art-journal-side-er-ren-terapi.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. more Kesha??? you're just doing it to annoy me now :)

    here's my page - you had me facing my demons a bit with this one, which is good. I think :)

    http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2011/08/ive-been-neglecting-my-art-journal.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool to see your digital page.

    Interesting prompts this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts