Musical Musings Dec 30th

Here we are at the END OF THE YEAR!! Got photos to share? Did you get all your prompts into a really cool journal? SHARE SHARE SHARE!!
I am dying to see what all of you did!!
This coming year, I have some guest hosts returning with me, and we'll be hosting a new set of prompts every 15th and 30th. I look forward to this new set of prompts, and I hope you are too! 2012 prompts are going to be fun! We're going to take a different approach, and explore some new ideas. I can't wait to share with you.
In the coming weeks, we'll start leaking new information and have you ready to journal with our FIRST prompt on the 15th!! Apologies in advance for the avalanche of emails that come with setting up the new year's posts and links. :)
Are you ready for the last prompt this year? It's brought to you by Christi! She's without a computer or the internet at the moment, so thanks to the guest hosts that jumped in with their own projects to share with us. :)
THE PROMPT: Reflections
THE SONG: Live Like There's No Tomorrow by Selena Gomez and The Scene
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Stencils


MARIT
How appropriate at the end of the year: 'reflections'. I found a page in a stroybook with the title 'on the last day'. You can see it shimmer through the gesso at the top. I transfered a photo of my eyes on the page and used India Ink to paint part of the lyrics (which I 'rewrote' a bit to fit myself) It's kind of a simple page, but I didn't want to add anything more. I like it this way!

This is my last page as a guest host for AYITLOAAJ. I won't extend my designer/host-spot next year, but I might play along when I have the time. I want to thanks my fellow designers for the fun prompts they came up with - some prompts really had me stretching and step out of the box! Rachel: thanks so much for hosting & have fun with AYITLOAAJ next year!
I wish you all a very happy and creative 2012!!

GLENDA

yay! I'm on time AND I actually used all 3 of the prompts!! I used a number stencil, a couple pictures where I was reflected by a window and change room mirrors and some lyrics to the song!! It's just a simple page but I wanted the message to stand out because it's important to remember and sometimes I seem to forget:

I am looking forward to being back playing along in the new year and wish all of you a very happy New Year's!!
RACHEL
I created two lists this year at Winter Solstice, and burned them in our solstice bon fire. My "reflections" are based on that... and since I've been so BUSY getting things ready for the new year here on the blog, and for my Silent Messages class, I created my page digitally. :)

Rachel here:
I just want to take a moment and thank all the guest hosts that came along this journey with me this year! It was a huge help to have you guys here, sharing your projects, and being a support not only to me, but to those who have shared links and played along with us. I appreciate you all more than I can say. Thank you Becky, Margrethe, Nikki, Lara, Glenda, Marit, Susan and Christi for all that you did this year!! Special thanks to Becky, Lara, Marit and Christi!! I'm going to miss your prompts next year, and I hope to see you around... you inspire me daily. Margrethe, Nikki, Susan and Glenda, I look forward to a new direction and a new year with you all!!
Thank you also, to those of you that take the time out of YOUR lives to create and share links with us here. It's YOUR involvement that takes this whole thing to a new level and creates the sense of community that makes this place so special.
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. fab prompt for the last one - I need to try to get this done tomorrow, as then I will have taken part at least once every month all year, which is a nice feeling.

    looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I didn't quite get it done in December - but I did do it today:

    http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2012/01/wrap-up-and-look-forth.html

    Thanks for all the great challenges this year, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing along

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts