Journaling Through Your Grief

A while ago, a friend on line mentioned that Robyn Lindsey was looking for people to review her book Journaling Through Grief: Guided Journal Handbook to Work Through Loss. I have a personal conviction that art journaling and even scrapbooking should not only be about the nice things in life. There is so much to gain from allowing yourself to express your hurt or anger over a situation. I'm certain that doing so has kept me from falling to pieces on more than one occasion. I messaged Robyn and told her I would be interested in reading her book to see if it might be something I could recommend to all of you!
Robyn's book is a great book because in the times when you've lost a loved one, it's easy to regret the things you didn't talk about, or to get overwhelmed with the idea of all the things you want to preserve and remember about them. Her book takes simple prompts, and allows you to get so much of that down onto paper. Most of her prompts are about actual JOURNALING, but it would be so easy to take a prompt and create art around it.
I recommend the book to anyone out there in the midst of, or even "already through" their grief. This book would be a great tool to use simply to remember a loved one that has passed.
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a wonderful book. The link didn't work and Amazon does not carry it. I'm so grateful for people like Robyn who the time to nurture others. It's an important thing to do and more of us should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to order this book from link & it was from amazon - perhaps because it's later in the day? I don't know why guess I am making up excuses
    Rachel - timing of your review couldn't have been better for me. -I have just lost a favorite uncle who was well loved by everyone he met mostly I think because he never met anyone he didn't love
    thank you - kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Rachel! If there are any issues with getting the book through Amazon, it is available through many booksellers. Search "Journal Through Your Grief" by Robyn Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts