Whatever and Whatnot Dec. 15th

THE PROMPT: Tradition! 
THE STUFF: What is one of your favorite holiday traditions? Don't have one? Was there ever one you wished you had? Take a picture or 20 that represent this tradition.
THE TECHNIQUE: Try a little "tinsel" on your page! Glitter, actual tinsel, or something else. 
GLENDA
When I thought of traditions at Christmas the first one I thought of was Christmas stockings! Ever since I was a little girl we always looked forward to opening our stocking and finding all kinds of treasures and trinkets. I continued this tradition with my own kids and even at 18 and 22 still have a Christmas stocking for them! This was a great page for me to document.

The Chevron stamp I used in the above page was from Viva Las VegaStamps, I love their stamps!!!
RACHEL
I don't have a picture or a page yet of our tradition. I'll have to create one later. It's my favorite though, and my mom did it for us when we were kids. She would wrap our presents in paper specific to each of us. She wouldn't put our names on the packages, and she would put our paper in an envelope with our names on them. We got to find out which paper was ours when we opened our envelopes Christmas Morning. I loved it, and I love continuing that tradition with my kids. 
Now it's YOUR turn!!
The rules
  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)   
 Loading InLinkz ...
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. The add ur link isn't working for me so I hope it's ok for me to paste the link for to my picture here. Thanks for the Tradition prompt! I enjoyed making the page =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts