Monday Mugshots Collaboration Apr 15th

If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
 Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 04.15

PROMPT: What's your Story? (everyone has a story about a person, event, emotion, feeling, whatever, tell me yours)
SHOOTERS Shoot your mug with a stack of books.
BOOKERS: Focus on lots of journaling! Use stencils or masks. If you don't want your journaling to SHOW, journal THEN PAINT! Cover your journaling with your paints and embellishments!! 

BETH
What's my story?
I'm a cross-stitcher by trade.
I'm a hobby genealogist.
I collect vintage teacups.
I play bass guitar.
I love taking pictures.
I drink coffee as much as possible.

GLENDA
I made an art journal page using a ton of paint and lots of journaling and also had fun taking an image from a magazine. I had a lot of fun with this prompt!!


AMY
This week's prompt was "Your Story". These 3 mugs, and the setting they were shot in, represent me quite well. L-R...The GP mug, Great Pacific, is from one of my favorite places back "home" in Oregon. The pink coffee mug was this past year's breast cancer awareness cup from Dutch Brothers. Being a breast cancer survivor this one most definitely represents me and my story. *A side note about this mug...my husband, who is a proud spouse of a survivor, uses this mug for his morning coffee and has NO problem taking it to work with him.* The "Bloom Where You Are Planted" mug is one I made for a previous prompt here on A Year In The Life. Not only do I feel that this quote fits me having moved to Idaho this year after 38 years in eastern Oregon, it reinforces the "make the best of what you are given" point to me. The necklace is one a dear friend who sells Jewel Kade jewelry made for me. The large tag says "Start Fresh" with a smaller tag that has the year and a clear crystal. This is a reminder that this is a blank slate for me, as is every day. And being a March baby, the grass & Daffodil are a PERFECT setting for me!
REBECCA
I had a ton of fun with this prompt! I also kind of went crazy with lots of color, but I love COLOR so I couldn't help myself!

My Story
I am an Artist
I am a Wife
I am a craftoholic
I adore anything neon
I love my curves and my freckles
I have five dogs (who are like my kids)


RACHEL

Are YOU ready!?
The rules
  1. Use all or just one of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Here's mine!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25193940@N02/8692075097/in/set-72157628904470005

    ReplyDelete
  2. When this week challenge came online I was on a plane to the Acores (Portugal).
    We have been there last year and than I bought my mug.
    I made a picture of it with a stack of traveling books from our last 4 trips.
    I journaled a lot about this period in my life, the event and emotions of going back to São Miguel, this time to look at villages and houses to see if it is the place we like to live when my husband is retiring (and it is!)
    I used stencils for the flowers and the border around the picture.
    http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/05/what-is-your-story.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts