Artful Amblings March 15th

*Also published on TallyScrapper.com.
My prompt for you today, is inspired by where I'm at in my own life right now.
Moving.
That's where I am.
I'm in the middle of unpacking.
Being in the middle of it means that a lot of the things in my studio aren't anywhere I can find them. Makes it hard to try techniques. My printer is also not up and running. That makes trying a new technique hard too!! As I thought about what I wanted to do for this prompt, I was feeling VERY unprepared. It's a little unnerving.
UN
That's your prompt!! What state of UN has it's hold on you right now? For me, even though my HOUSE is pretty much UNpacked, my studio being UNfinished is leaving me feeling UNsettled.

TECHNIQUE TO TRY:
Something I've wanted to try for a while now, is digital layers and textures on photos.
HOWEVER.
I do not know how to use or OWN photoshop.
But I AM in love with a neato little website called Picnik and another one called Flickr. Don't hate them because they can't spell. :)
I used Picnik to load a photo of my studio before I started unpacking and moving things in. Then I went to Flickr, and searched for textures. There are a lot of members there who create textures and share them on Flickr!! Like THIS GROUP here!! Find a texture you love, and check the owner's usage rights. Most of them state in their description under what terms you are allowed to save the textures. Then you can right click on the image and choose SAVE AS. Save the image where you can find it again. Load your main image on Picnik, and then near the bottom left of the screen you'll see the words PHOTO BASKET. Go there, and load your texture image. Once it loads, drag it over the top of your main image. Drag the second image to cover the first, and in the PHOTO PROPERTIES pop up, click on the arrow next to ADVANCED BLEND MODES. Start playing with the options there, and use the FADE slide to change the opacity of the texture image. Picnik AND Flickr are both FREE to use. Picnik does have premium services, but you don't even have to have an account with them to TRY it!!
Thanks so much for visiting and being part of this year long journey with me!! I took some time today to browse our Flickr Group and pick some images that grabbed me!! You guys are AMAZING. Without YOU, this is just me. Playing in paint or on the computer. Thanks so much for taking this journey with me. EACH and everyone of you are beautiful.

As shown above from Left to Right, Top to Bottom.
Marit, Heidi, Journal Artista, Susan, Latte_Grande, Marit, LadyMissSusan, Margrethe, ShellyM, KWhitten, Peggy, PurpleKatt, KWhitten, Sparkleface, CreativeExile, Joyce
~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts