Musical Musings Jan 30th

Thank you, Lara, for this month's Guest Host Prompt!!
Continuing on from our first prompt about taking control of our lives and perhaps changing things for the better, I've chosen the topic of "Time". Time can be a friend or an enemy. A source of consolation or anxiety.
Recently I've been just listening to classical music - whether it be an influence of Muse (one of the reasons why their song is on this prompt) or because of the drama and comfort I'm discovering from the great composers, I've been thinking my life can be compared to a symphony of several movements. So, this page reflects this:
THE PROMPT: Time
THE SONG: Butterflies & Hurricanes by Muse
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Numbers


I've built this page from sheet music i journaled some ill-feelings on then cut up and glued the parts back together. I covered it with a bit of white Gesso mixed with my new favorite media obsession - Golden Fluid Acrylic then sprayed and dripped some Fluid Acrylic over that. I also mixed in some Golden Course Pumice Gel and Punchinella for more texture. That Punchinella was also used for stamping stencil.
I love grunge. And i feel like my life is starting to really define the beauty of what grunge is... and crescendo ... :)
From our other Guest Hosts:
Christi
Loved this prompt! I need to get off my rear and be a better time manager...instead of, say, wasting hours on Facebook games. So this page reveals my plan to organize my most precious commodity...my time!


Glenda
I used lyrics from the song, numbered paper, gaffer tape and a numbered stencil and also fit the "time" theme in with the words "your time is now". It's a page that was very therapeutic for me to make and something that is happening in my life right now. Unfortunately.

Marit
I just bought me water soluble oil crayons, and played with those on the background. Some acrylic paint to make the colors brighter. I found this awesome old stamp on a flea market once (I guess it has been from a store) It changes the numbers automatically (counting up) when you stamp! My beloved figured out how it worked exactly, 'cause I didn't have a clue LOL.
I stamped from the year I was born up till now. I used sentences from the lyrics (Ha, the same as Glenda did!) I feel pretty good since a few years, and my life couldn't get any better... so I feel that 'my time is now'!

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I especially love Christi's page. So simple and great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so neat to see all the different interpretations of one theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I mighta forced mine this time. Too much going on...I've got the rest of the month to go back to it though. I'm glad I at least attempted it. *sigh* http://heartjournaling.blogspot.com/2011/01/your-time-is-nowi-think.html
    Love all the interpretations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jumped in on your Prompt, Challenge. Time.... Thanks for the challenge, helps get the old pump flowing. Love all your pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everyone's pages, especially Marit's. I feel like it's my time now and I better make good use of it. Here's my page:
    http://www.msmomcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is a great prompt!! I know I need more of it! Love all the examples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great prompt that fitted in so well with where my head is right now.

    And I love Muse too, so thanks for that.

    Here's my take on this

    I love all the example pages you guys pulled together for this one

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I finished before the next prompt!! This is a big deal for me!!
    http://daniellahayes.blogspot.com/2011/02/2-pages-and-16-totes.html

    Thanks so much! I put it in the flickr group too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. finally got to do this one.... :) love the prompt!
    http://www.tallyscrapper.com/scrapbook_gallery_view.php?layout_id=59710&view_page=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally got around to photographing mine! Great art by everyone - love surfing the blogs :-)

    http://scrapperbynature.blogspot.com/2011/02/art-journal.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts