Musical Musings June 15th

I can't believe it's JUNE already!! It's a bit ironic how fitting this prompt is for me. So fitting I didn't get a chance to WORK on it!! lol
THE PROMPT: Vertigo
THE SONG: Right Round Ft. Kesha
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Circles

This prompt WOULD have been for me, an example of how I'm so busy busy busy that my head is spinning and making me dizzy!! I'm working hard to get this merry go round to stop spinning so I can relax a little bit. Nothing like having your summer vacation start off with TOO MUCH TO DO!!
Thanks to the guest hosts that helped me out with examples for this prompt! I love what they've created, and how each of them worked THEMSELVES into this prompt, even when they started out feeling stuck.
GLENDA
I love this song! Every time I hear it I want to get up and dance!! I used some lyrics from the song about how I know the storm is coming and how I have to be strong and survive it. I also used a lot of painty circles for this.

MARIT
My head is spinning lately, all kind of work and deadlines and ideas and 'have to's' and 'want to's'... this prompt really fitted my mood! I gave it a funny twist though and went physical vertigo! I would love to have time to play like a child on a swing again... The photo is cut out of a magazine and I stamped a lot of circles around it (I hand carved two stamps for this prompt, the circle and the spiral one) I colored with water soluble oil crayons. The text comes from the lyrics and says: 'Time is precious'.

SUSAN
I wasn't getting any ideas from the title so I decided to read thru the lyrics to the song. Since my 'popping bottles' days are over I was feeling a bit stumped but then came across this line of "building castles out of sand". I just went to the beach for the first time since I moved here & knew this was my page. I'm really into my watercolors right now & thought they added that beachy feel along with some Stickles & Glimmer Mist.


~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed creating with this prompt! Everyone's interpretation is awesome (as usual!) blogged my contribution here: http://gollywobbles.blogspot.com/2011/06/vertigo-and-circles-journaling-prompt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the examples are brilliant. I always find them so different and inspiring...
    I struggled with the lyrics so I put my own "spin" on it!!
    It's on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, here's mine

    Good prompt, thank you for all the hard work you put into the blog

    http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2011/06/hello-hello-hola.html

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. My offering http://simpleromantic.blogspot.com/2011/06/time-portal-vertigo.html

    In my art journal (*) I fixate on *time travel* and time portals that let me find a way through the slip stream into another era.What is more likely to send a gal spinning through time than an episode of vertigo?

    I had a lot of fun listening to this song, because it's not the kind of thing I typically listen to. I usually go for the sorts of things I work on, on the piano like Bartok or the MacDowell piece, "Sung Outside the Prince's Door". But music, no matter how different the patterns, goes after basic emotions and impulses. IMy urges regarding time travel are really just a way to take a jaunt in some of the historical periods I like to read about, while still knowing that I can hop a time portal back home - a place I have no desire to escape from.

    Laurel Shimer
    The Simple Romantic
    http://simpleromantic.blogspot.com

    (*) My art journal is *The Simple Romantic* but Unpolished Performances is the podcast that extends out of that journal - so it's my profile name)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts