Musical Musings June 30th

This month's Guest Host Prompt is brought to you buy SUSAN!! Thank you, Susan!! I love what you guys created!! Can't wait to see what everyone ELSE creates as well!!
The Prompt: What's the deal?
The Song: Running Up That Hill by Placebo (or Kate Bush)
Written Lyrics HERE
Product/Technique: Playing Cards

I wish I had had time to create something... maybe I'll try to make it up!! lol
Here is what SUSAN created for her prompt.
I just LOVE this song!!! I loved the Kate Bush version & I love the new version as well. How many times have I wanted to make a deal with God!!! To many to count. My deal making days are over and it's about acceptance & willingness for me & all of that is what my journaling is about this week. I used cards as my background, paint, paint pens & some letter stickers. Looking forward to seeing what you guys do with the prompt.

GLENDA
I used some partial lyrics from the song about how I wish my path in life was free of worry and problems. I had this great picture that I had taken on one of my nature walks to symbolize my path in life and I just had to ask "what's the deal?".

MARIT
When I saw this prompt, and the lyrics, the sentence 'make a deal with God' catched my eye. I imagined shaking hands with it, and made this page in no-time.
'What deal would you make then?' asked my beloved...
I'll leave it up to each of you to give your own answer.
I used pages from an old book (it is an old history book about human rights, changing society, emancipation of woman etcetera - some texts shine through and I found it very appropriate) cut-out photo (hands) to use as a mask, spray ink, acrylic paint, circle template, stamps, stazon ink.

As always, if you're playing a long with us, you should post your project somewhere on line (your blog, our flickr group) and leave us a comment here, with a direct link to the place you've hosted your project on line so we can come see, and comment!! Take the whole prompt in all three parts, or pick the pieces you like, and use them. Use the music directly, or just take the feeling the music leaves you with, and incorporate that into your piece!! We can't wait to see what you make!
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Thanks for this song... I vaguely remembered it from the 80s, but so enjoyed working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what do you know, my page for this prompt turned out to be a bit of a whine about the universal evil - money - or rather my lack of it!

    thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent :)

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EnOUv_yKL2k/ThOUQcBJmhI/AAAAAAAAIgo/NLkKVhwxt9o/s1600/page37_050711.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's the wrong link, sorry, try this one:

    http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2011/07/running-up-that-hill.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow: you really made some beatifl artwork in your journal: i Love it!
    Thankx for sharing: a lot of inspiration!

    xx Tessa (the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts