Musical Musings Sept. 30th

The prompt this time is from MARIT!! I loved the ideas and the "obscure" song she chose to stretch us with!!
THE PROMPT: Eye opener
THE SONG: Why are we sleeping - Soft Machine/Kevin Ayers(They don't have the song/video on Project Playlist - it's/I'm obscure like that - but there are two video's on youtube.)
Written Lyrics HERE
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: Eyes (photo's, stamps, drawing... whatever)


MARIT
My beloved is a great fan of Soft Machine. I am not so much - not of the actual music anyway - but this band have great song lyrics and when I had to make up a prompt I thought of this song right away. The lyrics from this song can lead to a fun art journal page but can also take you into deeper thoughts about life and the world we live in. The prompt 'eye opener' and the technique gives you enough freedom to play with it any way you like. I choose to make a 'fun page' but I might as well do a 'raw journaling' page later on. There are so many dimensions and directions to take this prompt... show us where it leads YOU!!

RACHEL

Sometimes... I feel like the public face is a mask I am stuck behind...
GLENDA
I went with some of the lyrics in this song and substituted wine for beer! haha I had fun with this page.


~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Got mine all done:
    http://keepsakescrafts.blogspot.com/2011/10/year-in-life-of-art-journal-artful.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to come here to have a look at all the great pieces of art. I never have entered one of my own artworks... till now that is...
    http://sixliliesstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but I've done it with a halloween twist...

    great song choice Marit!

    http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts