Whatever and Whatnot Feb 29th

The prompt this time around is from Glenda!!
THE PROMPT: Childhood memories
(it can be something from your own childhood or from your kids, a memory, a thought...)
THE STUFF: Glimmer mists & paint (time to get messy!)
THE TECHNIQUE: silhouettes (can be black, patterned paper, anything goes as long as it's a silhouette)


RACHEL
When I was little, my mom used to read to my sister and I nearly every night. She would read for hours... one of the books we read was Alice in Wonderland. When we read the book, we also decided to memorize one of the poems. It was one of my favorite poems. I decided to create a silhouette using a drawing of the Mad Hatter from the books, and to simply write out the poem on my page. (it didn't all fit, but that's OK. All the good parts are in there.)


GLENDA
Some of the fondest memories I have are of my kids and whenever I drive home for lunch from work (the elementary school is right near my work) and see a little girl with a pink backback I always think of my daughter so I really enjoyed making this page. Of course she is almost a grown woman now so the memories are always bittersweet.

The rules:
  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)




~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Awesome challenge Glenda! I love your page Rachel! Can't wait to get started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely challenge prompt! Can't wait to get started. Putting on my thinking cap.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your page, especially since I have a small Alice in Wonderland obsession! Love the prompts this time around and can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So strange to read this today...I found you through a group I belong to discussing one of your older prompts 'XYZ' - I chose to use it to pick up a journal I'd started and left 'about me', for which I am using an old copy of Alice in Wonderland as it's a favourite, and the subject of the pages - bedtime stories! Great minds ;) Can't wait to go back over some of the prompts from this year and join you from here on in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your page and would love to participate. Is it every week? Do you have to use the materials (what if you don't have glimmer mist?) I will keep checking back for a response to my questions- thanks! I also can't wait to get started!

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts