Whatever and Whatnot June 30th

The prompt this time is brought to you by guest host LIZZIE! 
THE PROMPT: Sunshine
THE STUFF: Tape (paper, washi, masking, whatever)
THE TECHNIQUE: Negative Space (using negatives of punches, cut outs, die cuts)
This prompt is totally appropriate for me, because at the moment, sunshine is MISSING in Oregon!! I can't WAIT for the sunshine to come back...
Thanks to Glenda and Linda for helping out with the prompt examples this time! 
GLENDA
Ok, so I only did one aspect of the prompt which was "sunshine". I got on a roll doing this page and the other 2 things fell by the wayside. I did paint my sun in the corner though!! haha But that's what I love about these prompts, you can be inspired by whatever strikes your fancy and use 1, 2 or all 3!

LINDA 
Sunshine is for me the color yellow. So I've made a yellow page. Lots of spray paint on the background. Added some Washi tape around the edges and then started to draw a sun which ended up as a flower. Right now my life is very good so I thought it was a suitable text.
The rules

  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do) 

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Popular Posts