Monday Mugshots Collaboration Mar 15th

 Can you believe it's MARCH already!? Time is moving so fast!!
PROMPT: Good old days
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 03.18 
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with some old photographs, or save it in sepia or black and white.
BOOKERS: Take a trip back in time and journal about something that makes you feel nostalgic. Distress your page with sandpaper, inks, etc.
If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.

RACHEL
I collect vintage photos, and in one of my purchases, there is a set of pictures with the same people in the pictures. I think they are from the 1920's... and I wonder what the story behind them might be... 
GLENDA
I love this prompt because it made me journal the story about my first tattoo. I think it's important to write down stories that we don't want to forget so that we can look back on them later!
AMY
My page for this prompt is a combo of a Booker/Shooter entry. I used one of my favorite photos I have taken of our backyard and created this "poster" with it.
My page for this prompt is a combo of a Booker/Shooter entry. I used one of my favorite photos I have taken of our backyard and created this "poster" with it.
For me, "The Good Old Days" are NOW! The move from OR to ID has brought me opportunities to grow, to discover new places in a area that is completely new to me. Just as, if not more, important...my husband & I are actually able to REALLY spend time together for the 1st time in almost 2 years! Yeah, we saw each other on weekends before, but that just isn't the same as spending evenings together, having dinner together, going to bed together, etc, etc. It has been fun being able to get to know our new surroundings with him and I am happier & more content than I have been in a long time! I am REALLY enjoying life NOW!

~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/03/good-old-days.html

    Here is the page that I made.
    I placed my mug in front of my grandparents wedding picture (the picture is 83 years old).
    I changed my picture into sepia and put a scratch mark on top of it.
    I jounaled about the picture and placed it on a page with creased tissuepaper with ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having such a good time. Thanks ladies for all the inspiration.
    http://ignitea365dayartadventure.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-year-in-life-of-art-journal-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this one!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25193940@N02/8626488974/in/set-72157628904470005/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children (now grown) on a long ago camping trip.

    http://travelingquilter.blogspot.com/2013/06/good-old-days.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts