Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 08.19
PROMPT: If I could take it back... Regrets. Everyone has them. What is yours? Do you have more than one?
SHOOTERS: Shoot your least favorite mug.
BOOKERS: Let's use light moulding paste for added texture. If you don't have any you can use lots of gesso or thick paint as well.
This is my mug of regret... it's cute, right? I bought it, because it's a cool shape. Super short, but really big around. Turns out, it also gets HOT. As in, the MUG gets hot, and the contents do NOT. Thankfully, this regret only cost me 60 cents.
Everyone has regrets right? I know I've talked about this particular one of mine before (hey can you tell it bugs me?? haha) but I wish I would have gone on to University to study something that interested me. Something that would have challenged me and made each day interesting and each new work day filled with new stories. I would have loved to have been a border security agent!!! Yes!!!!! I am like a bloody detective and can sniff out anything that is amiss from a mile away. Maybe in my next life??
Regrets?...I try not to look at my life with regrets. That said, I spent a lot of years in a very dark place. I could not see past things that had happened in my life and to be honest I was pretty much lost.
- Use all or just part of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!