Monday Mugshots Collaboration Jan 30th

If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
PROMPT: Rainy Day
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug near a rainy window
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 02.04
BOOKERS: drip some paints on your page, and share a little bit about what the perfect rainy day looks like to you.

RACHEL
Although it's Oregon, and the rain has been plentiful here, I realized today, that all of my windows are protected by eves! Which means, no rainy window shots. There was, however, a small break in the downfall that made it possible for me to get a shot of my mug near one of the MANY puddles scattered around my yard. 

GLENDA
I loved this prompt because I love using glimmermists to make lovely drips. I made my journal page with 2 clouds and then sprayed different shades of glimmermists to look like rain. How perfect is the Marilyn stamp with her little umbrella too (Marilyn stamp and Chevron stamp by Viva Las VegaStamps!) for this scene? I said how I think it's cozy to be inside on a rainy day.



LINDA
My journaling is saying: When it rains it's nice to stay inside and listen to the raindrops on the window.
To be outside when it rains can be cleansing for the mind.
I've used various paints to make the paint dripping.
AMY
Here in Idaho it's a bit too cold to rain (16 degrees as I type this) and there is none predicted anytime soon. So...the condensation in my living room window this morning is my substitute. I love the look of it because it does have that cozy, rainy day feel,
 
I LOVE the rain so I really enjoyed this prompt. My page is very simple as I wanted the focus to be on the feel, the drops & the words. Where most people love sunny days, I LOVE rainy days. I love everything about the rain! The feel, the sound, the smell...EVERYTHING!

*Techniques & Supplies Used: Watercolors, Crayon Resist, Crystal Lacquer, Black Marker*

JEN
It happened to be raining this morning, so I really lucked out with this prompt! I took this in front of the window of my office room. You can't really see the rain in this shot, but the lighting suggests it. I like how soft the back ground looks. It really makes the red of the mug stand out.
 
 Are you READY!?
The rules

  1. Use all or just one of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed looking at all the wonderful art you've each created for today's prompt; & it was also great to read your comments about your thoughts/journaling about rainy days. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful drips! Not too much rain here in California at the moment! I'll come up with something though! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This prompt vastly improved a page I hated. I tend to be wordy and I shared several images in explaining why this prompt inspired what it did, so please scroll down to the last picture if what you want to see is the page this prompt inspired. Kristi, I too am from southern California, and the story behind my page focuses much on that fact.

    http://portergandg.blogspot.com/2013/01/when-wrote-my-last-blog-entry-about.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Ellen! I enjoyed your blog post and love the bright blue you used to make the drips. So glad the prompt inspired you!

      Delete
  4. looking forward to doing these rain prompts and enjoyed seeing the hosts inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, here goes... I just started art journaling recently. So glad that I found this blog.

    http://desiree-at-play.blogspot.com/2013/02/rain-splendid-rain.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my post:
    http://www.juanaalmaguer.com/2013/02/rain-journal-page-and-cork-stamps.html

    @Amy, I'm growing fond of the rain and gained inspiration from your journal page for this prompt.

    @Linda, my thoughts exactly!

    @Glenda, I like the whole whimsical feeling of your journal page and the clouds.

    @Rachel, the blue mug is fitting for the rain and looks beautiful against the darker background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desiree, So happy to have you!
    Juana, Thank you!! I just got that mug. I just love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I painted my cup this prompt, and the Rain prompt was perfect for the 60 degree day we were having here in Michigan in the dead of winter! I can't paste the link here from my iPad, but if you click my name here I posted to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katt, thanks so much for playing!! I'm sharing your direct link, because there are a lot of people that visit this blog long after the prompt comes out. Leaving a direct link to your post is good for YOU, and it's good for them. They can visit and not have to search your blog to find what you created for any particular prompt. http://purrplekatt.blogspot.com/2013/02/art-journal-year-in-life-of-art-journal.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Rachel! Next time I'll be sure to leave the link using my home PC. The iPad gives me such a hard time - even with just leaving comments.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a lot of rain with grey skies in Belgium.
    We were tired of it and went to Malta for 2 weeks of nicer weather.
    When I was there I saw the new prompt: Rainy day, whaaaaa :-)
    The shooter had to wait till I was home again, and ofcourse the first day was again a rainy day, and I made a picture.
    http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/02/rainy-day.html
    This is the page that I made with the picture.
    My perfect rainy day is a day with sun and a nice temperature and than one shower for the plants and the dust.
    I shower that is nice to dance in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a fun page to create. Thanks again for the inspiration!

    http://lalasworldblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-perfect-rainy-day-journal-page.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://heartjournaling.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-year-in-life-of-art-journaltwo.html

    Finally got mine done! Phew. That was fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the right link to my ART blog. The other link was from my everyday blog. lol
      http://alteredtoperfection.blogspot.com/2013/02/i-am-happy-to-be-taking-part-in-year-in.html

      Delete
  13. Here's my rainy page:
    http://naturesprintshop.blogspot.no/2013/02/singing-in-rain.html

    Thank you for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay done!!! Barely in time but I busted to get this done & I love how it turned out!
    http://oneyearartjournal.blogspot.com/2013/01/monday-mugshots-collaboration-jan-30th.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those rainy days!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25193940@N02/8547473528/in/set-72157628904470005/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm late in leaving a comment. Actually did the page in February. I love the rain.

    http://travelingquilter.blogspot.com/2013/06/rain.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts