I sent a reminder out to the guest hosts that Feb. didn't have 31 days, and we'd be sharing on the 28th, and then I FORGOT!! lol
If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
PROMPT: Drink of choice
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 03.04
SHOOTERS: Take a photo of your drink of choice. Tea, Beer, Coffee, Lemonaide... what's in your mug most days?
BOOKERS: Create a page using some of the packaging of your favorite brand. Use lots of packaging in strips on a page. Go HERE for inspiration! Use your product's branding to influence your colors and layout.
I love working with packaging and I am always snipping and keeping various tags that I find from new clothing, etc.. In this journal page I had some clothing tags from Billabong and used 3 of them to make this page.
This is my drink of choice these days...a Moscow Mule. It's vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. Plus you drink it out of a cool little copper mug. What's not to love?LINDA
I drink lots of water and I've used packaging from my bottle of water. I found the stamp with snow and glacier on and thought it fitted well with the theme. The little hat on the elephant inspired to use the twine and fabric flower.AMY
I had a lot of fun with this prompt. When I'm not drinking coffee, I'm usually drinking Mt Dew. Since discovering it, White Out is my fav version of Mt Dew. Almost instantly I knew I wanted to use the actual can for my page. I just wasn't sure of EXACTLY how, other than I KNEW I would be turning a specific area of it into wings. I also knew I wanted a heart on the page. Again, I had no specifics in mind though. So, here is what resulted...
Black, Red & Turquoise Sharpie markers
Yellow Acrylic Paint
Sketch Book Paper
I love my black coffee dearly and truly. And I do enjoy a good Bourbon or Scotch now and then. But without a doubt, if I'm being completely honest, WATER is the drink that I turn to the most. Farm-fresh mountain spring water pumped from our well, it is straight-up, the best water you will ever taste. Thirst-quencher, life-giver, essential to my daily routine = Water.
Are YOU ready!?
- Use all or just one of the prompts.
- MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
- You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
- There is NO right or wrong.
- Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
- This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)
- Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed.
- If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!