Monday Mugshots Collaboration Sept. 30th

Hello, Bookers and Shooters!! If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.
 
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 09.30
PROMPT: What I'm Reading
SHOOTERS: Shoot your mug with the book you're reading.
BOOKERS: Make a title with the title of the book you're reading. (or your favorite book) Make your own alphas by covering mix and matched alpha stickers or cutting your own (use a printer to get a computer font you like if you want) with printed book pages. Check out this pin by Ronda Palazzari  for inspiration and an idea of lettering to create. 
 
RACHEL
I'm settling in to read the book that my on line mentor just had published!
 
LINDA
Right now I'm reading a book about NewYork. I've booked my tickets for a USA trip next summer and NewYork is one of the places we are visiting. I like to read about the places I visit and I prefer books when reading in bed.
I've used an envelope I received from NJ, USA and some decorative tape from the Gauche Alchemy shop. The letters are cut outs from a magazine.

GLENDA
Help I'm drowning!!!! Ok, not really but sometimes I feel like it. Lately life has been chaotic, stressful and there just never seems to be enough time to just relax. And just to show you how you can still play along even if you can't seem to make the prompt work for you here is mine, and I didn't make my own alphas but I was inspired by the word "alphas" none the less, so I decided to use alot of chipboard alphas to make my title:
I drew my own hand as well as the rings I was wearing and love how this turned out. I'm treading water and refuse to go under!!

AMY
What I'm reading? I am not a big reader. When I do, it's usually magazines. This photo pretty much sums up my life right now.
BETH
It has been out for awhile now, so perhaps I'm the only new to the Wooliverse person out here, but let me tell you... if you're looking for an addictive new world to take up every spare minute of your life, you need to download Wool. Hugh Howey's first installment is free on Amazon. It was intended to be a short story, but the demand for more was so high that it turned into a trilogy, which then spawned quite a few fan fictions (those that I've read are pretty decent). If you like the free story, do yourself a favor and download the omnibus to save a few dollars. You're welcome.

YOUR TURN!!

The rules
  1. Use all or just part of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/10/what-im-reading.html
    I always read in bed, so my mug is standing on my nightstand.
    The title of the book is Water and Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the entire series of books, not my usual type of book, but enjoying them all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts